Video content is performing better than all other content types on social media platforms. If your strategy does not involve video content, you should consider these reasons as to why you need to start posting video content to attract traffic to your site.
- Pinterest users are 2.6 times more likely to make a purchase after watching video content from a brand on the platform
- Facebook says that video is the best performing content type on its platform
- Tweets with video see 10 times more engagement than those without – and Promoted Tweets with videos save more than 50% on cost-per-engagement
- LinkedIn users are 20 times more likely to share a video on the platform than any other type of post
Oberlo, a subsidiary of Shopify, created an infographic with the following statistics for video marketing in 2019.
- Video content is favoured by social media users
- YouTube is the second-largest search engine with 1.5 billion users per month and more than 1 billion hours of video played to users per day
- 87% of marketers are using video content as part of their campaigns
- 85% of Internet users in the US watch video content monthly on devices
- 54% of consumers want to watch video content from the brands or businesses they are interested in
- 95% of viewers are more likely to remember a call to action after seeing a video compared with only 10% of text viewers
- 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video content on social media
- 66% of qualified leads per year come from video content
- On average, users spend 88% more time on websites with video content
- 72% of people would rather view a video than read text where both are available on the same web page
- These statistics are from various sources based on figures between 2017 and 2018. They give an indication of the importance that video content is going to play in creating high-quality content for web sites.
However, you should also consider that video content should be evergreen content; it should have a shelf life of at least 6 months to a year. To achieve that, your content should be more than just topical.
Making quality video content that lasts means digging deeper.
- How-to or FAQ videos
- Case Studies
- World Issues
- Animations or Infographics
- Expert Discussions
- ‘Behind-the-scenes’ or tours
These are just a few suggestions of ways that you could create content to last. The quality of your content will establish the quality of your product or service, so it is important to define the needs of your content, create a strategy, write a script or storyline then create your content. Just like all other forms of quality content, your video needs to be engaging and have something to say to find a place in your marketing campaign.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
We would just like to remind you that all posts are the opinion of the writer only. We don’t take payment to write articles or reviews and we do not offer advertising or advertorial space on our blog. Everything expressed in our blogs is simply an opinion.